The Gatsby Benchmarks are a key part of the Government’s careers strategy for schools.
The 8 Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
The Gatsby Benchmarks have a key role in:
- Raising young people’s aspirations and promoting access to all career pathways;
- Enabling all young people to develop the skills and outlook they need to achieve career wellbeing, including adaptability and resilience;
- Underpinning the Department for Education guidance to schools on meeting their statutory responsibility for careers guidance.
We pride our selves on forging robust and meaningful partnerships within our local community and beyond to ensure that every student has access to a full range of options.
If you would like to work with us in the future, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
The Careers Team
As ever, should you wish to speak to us regarding our careers programme; please contact any member of the careers leadership team below:
Assistant Vice Principal: Careers Lead – Miss K Bligh <[email protected]>
Careers Adviser – Mrs H Bull <[email protected]>