Dear Parents & Carers
Happy New Year!
I really do hope that your Christmas break was a happy one and that you were able to spend time with family and friends. Also, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for 2024. For those studying or working in education there are, of course, two “new years” – one in September and one in January. I always think that the official end of one year and the start of a new one is a great time to take a moment to pause and reflect in the middle of a busy academic year and I hope this was the case for your families over the festive period.
This first week back has been a shortened one and also a very positive one. Pupils have worn their uniform really smartly and attendance has been high across the school. Thank you!
Thank you also to Year 11 Parents, Carers and pupils for attending the Consultation Evening last night. I have written separately to you with further details about the upcoming dates and next steps for your year group.
This term, we have a number of key dates for a number of reasons:
- Wednesday 10 January – Ski Trip meeting 6pm
- Thursday 11 January – Dance Workshop for Year 10 & 11 pupils
- Monday 15 January – Year 11 Bournemouth University Visit for a group of pupils
- Tuesday 30 January – Year 10 Science Visit to Bournemouth University
- Thursday 1 February – Year 9 Consultation Evening. This will be held on site with appointments booked on School Cloud
- Tuesday 6 February – Year 10 Learning for Life Online Safety input (for fast track RE groups)
- Wednesday 7 February – Year 8 “Options & Choices” drama performance
- Thursday 8 February – Year 8 Consultation Evening. Again, on site
- Thursday 8 February – Year 9 Options Marketplace, the start of the options process
- End of Term – Friday 9 February 3pm
I am sure there will be many more added as further work continues across the school but this is hopefully helpful for your diaries as a starting point.
We also have Year 8 & 9 Assessments taking place this term and I would like to wish all pupils the very best as they sit those.
Finally, a reminder please regarding punctuality to lessons: pupils have 3 minutes to move from class to class which is more than enough to get to class and be Learning Ready.
Thank you in anticipation of your support this term.