Dear Parents and Carers
Welcome to a short round up of this week. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the slightly lighter mornings and evenings – spring is on its way!
Well done to Year 11 pupils for your efforts throughout the second mock session this week and last week – all of the invigilators have complimented pupils on their efforts.
There are some further exams to complete but these will be in lesson time in order to fit with the completion of the course. In particular, please be aware that there will be exams in Science during the week beginning 13 March with Biology on Monday, Chemistry on Tuesday and Physics on Wednesday
Next week we will write with details of our Easter Revision Programme. Staff are looking forward to supporting this and will offer a range of sessions for pupils to attend. This will take place in the first week of the Easter break from Monday to Thursday with the second week clear for pupil’s own revision and preparation.
Remember that ongoing revisions sessions are available every week:
- Tues: English
- Weds: Science
- Thur: Maths
Events this week
There have been a number of other events taking place this week, details of which are on our website and social media sites. In particular:
- Well done and thank you to all pupils who took part in a fixture this week – lots going on in this regard!
- Initial details have been shared about Careers Week next week – we are looking to forward to a number of events
- Tickets have gone on sale for our musical – Legally Blonde Junior. I am delighted to have a production taking place again – please support it if you are able to!
A really important event for Year 10 Parents and Carers is the Year 10 Parent Consultation Evening which is taking place on Thursday 9 March online. Please sign up using the details in the letter on our website.
Other upcoming events include:
- RE Visit to Monkey World to explore animal ethics – 9 March
- Year 7 & 8 FASA Disco – 14 March
- Legally Blond Junior – 22, 23, 24 March
Year 9 Options
Thank you to all pupils who have completed the form regarding the route they wish to take regarding RE. If pupils have not yet completed this, please ask them to log into their Office 365 School Account and complete the form available here: https://forms.office.com/e/9Bc8tE1F73
Thank you for ongoing support in all of the matters above and, of course, with all of the other events, opportunities and – of course – day to day lessons that are ongoing. Have a great weekend