Dear Parents and Carers
Welcome to another weekly update – I hope you and your family are well at this time. Apologies for the slight delay this week.
Weymouth Youth Council
Well done and thank you to all of our School Council members who took part in the Weymouth Youth Council meeting on Friday, last night. This was a great opportunity for them to meet with other young people and council leaders in the town and contribute to the shaping of Youth Services in our area.
These continue thick and fast with another ex-pupil visiting the school and speaking to Year 7 this time around.
Paula Walters spoke about her career as a train driver for EMR. Pupils learned about the journey Paula took since leaving All Saints and the transferable skills she developed from various roles she held along the way.
Any pupils interested in careers advice should see Mr Jennings. Here is a link to an interview Paula had a few years ago: https://buff.ly/3EYPunr
Year 7 & 8 Disco
I am pleased to remind everyone that we have the Year 7 & 8 Disco returning this year in its normal slot having been affected for a couple of years by Covid.
If any pupils wish to attend, they must bring their entrance fee and we must have the online consent form completed.
All of the details are available in the letter on our website.
I appreciate that we are firmly into the coughs and colds season, but please can I ask all parents and carers to really support us with attendance.
This has dropped a little this week and we do need to have pupils in school so that they can learn.
If you need any help or support with attendance, please contact [email protected]
Year 11 Leavers 2022
Thank you so much to all of our former pupils and parents / carers who joined us on Thursday last week to celebrate the final GCSE results for this year group.
Goodbye Class of 2022 – please keep in touch!
Next week & beyond
Please be aware of the following upcoming events:
- Tues 29 Nov – Year 11 Technology Non Exam Assessment Day
- Fri 2 Dec – INSET Day (School Closed to pupils)
- Mon 5 Dec – Year 11 Drama Assessment (All Day)
- Tues 7 Dec – Paris Trip – Information Evening
- Thur 8 Dec – Christmas Jumper Day (pupils must wear normal uniform but are welcome to wear a Christmas jumper for a £1 donation)
- Mon 12 Dec – Ski Trip Information Evening
- Tue 13 Dec – Year 11 Child Development NEA Day
- Thu 15 Dec – Christmas Services (at school)
- Fri 16 Dec – Last day of term (early finish at 1.45pm)
Thanks for all of your support – please contact us if you need to