Dear Parents and Carers, Colleagues and Pupils
Welcome to a short round up of what has been a very busy first week back
Events this week
This week there have been a number of key events:
- Pupil immunisations: well done to everyone for navigating these. I am sorry that there was a slight delay on the first day – this was due to the Immunisation Team suffering some unexpected staff absence which meant some pupils had to wait a little longer than may have been ideal.
- Year 7 & Year 8 Project Touchline: this is a project that looks to help pupils live out our values through sport. Chris Andrew from Project Touchline visited on Tuesday to set up the first session for Year 7 to positive effect. This project will continue next week and beyond – please see the details below
- Jamie’s Farm: well done to the group of pupils who took part on a residential visit to Jamie’s Farm to develop resilience, teamwork and to spend a week surviving without their mobile phones! If your child attended, I hope that they had a great week
- Sailing and Windsurfing: we started two projects this week with Year 9 pupils being rewarded for excellent effort and progress and two groups of Year 10 pupils having the chance to take part in a small boat sailing programme
- Year 11: Pupils have received information from myself, Mr Prior and Mr Oxborrow regarding the final run into their exams and next week they will get their Turbo Timetables for the next few weeks to support revision and planning. Pupils should be undertaking revision every day at the moment – a couple of hours a day would be time well spent.
- GSUS Live: well done to Year 7 & Year 8 pupils for taking part so positively in this programme run by Joe Hobday and Jake Parker, our school worker and school pastor, that gave pupils a deeper understanding of the Christian faith. Photos are on our social media feed
Events next week
Year 7 will take part in this on Monday 24 April and can wear their PE kit on that day.
Year 8 will be taking part on Tuesday 25 April and they can wear their PE kit also on this day.
Pupils in both year groups should wear their normal uniform for the other days of the week.
Year 8 Parent Consultation Evening:
This is taking place online on Monday & Thursday. I am extremely sorry but we have experienced another technical issue for Thursday’s sessions which means they will need to be rebooked. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. Bookings for this will open at 4pm on Monday.
This is taking place on Thursday 27 April and ONLY Year 11 and Year 10 should attend school on this day. They must wear full uniform.
There are a number of key events coming up on the calendar:
- 2 May: Industrial Action Year 11 & Year 7 will attend on this day
- 8 May: Additional Bank Holiday for the coronation of King Charles III
- 11 May: Year 7 Parent Consultation Evening
Regarding the new uniform, thank you for all of the positive feedback that we have received.
I recognise also that there have been some questions and would like to reassure parents that:
- Ties will be clip on
- The overall cost will be reduced
- The online ordering will be simple
- We will arrange a fitting event for pupils and parents to try the uniform for size before ordering
In the next two weeks, I will be able to share a full parent information pack with you all so that you can be introduced to the new supplier
I will finish where I started – it has been a very busy week – thank you for your support and apologies once again to Year 8 Parents and Carers for the disruption caused regarding next week.