Dear Parents and Carers
The days are certainly moving by at pace! Please take a moment to read a short update this week:
Year 11 Update
Year 11 pupils are working hard in the closing stages of their GCSE course. Please note the following:
- The next round of Mock Exams (our Pre Public Examinations) will take place after half term, between 22 Feb and 7 March (including catch ups). Pupils will receive their personalised timetable in the next two weeks
- Year 11 Revision in Core English, Science and Maths happens on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday every week, with other subjects also offering availability on other nights or where pupils are already progressing well in these subjects
- We are implementing Walking Talking Mocks this year to support pupils in class time. Pupils will be invited by their teacher to take part in a walk through exam session that will build their confidence under timed conditions
There has been a lot of work undertaken in this regard this week with pupils hearing from a number of guest speakers including Stand Against Violence and UK Sealife.
I am also looking forward to seeing how the Diana Award can be implemented in the area of anti-bullying. Thank you to Mr Twigg and the pupils who attended the workshop on this for the work undertaken and the work planned.
Punctuality and attendance
Please can I ask for all parents to support pupils arriving by 8:20am at the latest. This gives just 5 minutes preparation time before the first warning bell of the day at 8:25am.
Please also remember that our site is as car free as possible in the mornings – please do not try to enter the site in a vehicle in the morning.
Thank you to everyone for your support with attendance – this is clearly improved compared to before Christmas – please keep it up!
NEU Industrial Action
You may well be aware that industrial action by the NEU is planned for 1 Feb – I am working with colleagues at the moment regarding this and will update next week with further details.
There may be some disruption to school on this day, but it is not possible for me to confirm to what extent at this stage.
- 24 Jan: Year 9 Options initial choices (first and reserve) submitted & Year 11 Food Exam (Day 1)
- 25 Jan: Year 11 Food Exam (Day 2)
- 26 Jan: Year 9 Parent Consultation Evening – please sign up on SchoolCloud – the link is on our website
- 27 Jan: Holocaust Memorial Day
- 30 Jan: Lower School Ski Trip
- 1 Feb: Year 11 Science Visit to Oxford Uni & Museum
- 7 Feb: Year 11 GCSE Drama Main Hall
- 9 Feb: Fraser Photography Y7 & Y11 – Group Photos
- 10 Feb: Year 8 PSHE Drama Performance – “Options & Choices”
As you can see, there is still lots to do this half term!
I hope that everyone has a restful weekend
Best wishes and with every blessing