Dear Parents and Carers
Please take a moment to read my usual weekly update. It has been a very busy time with some incredible events happening!
Firstly, please can I ask all parents and carers to read my letter about the recently released Ofsted Report and the Report itself.
Next week, the report will be made public on the Ofsted website.
As I have explained in my letter, all staff are fully committed to continuing to improve the quality of education that pupils receive at All Saints and we are grateful for your positive support in every way.
The PE Department and pupils have been very busy recently! There are write ups on our social media feed with recent fixtures for:
- Year 8 Football
- Year 8 Basketball
- Year 7 five a side football
- Year 9 five a side football
WOEC & JET Programme
We are always looking to develop resilience and leadership in our pupils and it has been good to see pupils doing this at Weymouth Outdoor Education Centre and with The John Egging Trust this week. Well done to all of those involved!
Bournemouth University Visit
A coachload of pupils took part in a visit to Bournemouth University this week to have a taste of life after school. By chance, I met up this week with a former pupil who, now in Year 13, is about to embark on her degree in Bristol. Whilst recognising that University is not for everyone, I would really want to encourage pupils to think and dream big in this regard. Living away from home whilst pursuing a subject of choice is a fantastic introduction to adult life.
In other matters this week, please can I remind all parents and carers:
- Hoodies are not permitted. I recognise that the weather is cold, but we have updated our uniform for a reason – to look smart in the community and at school. Pupils should only wear the school jumper. I am happy for pupils to hand their jumpers in for safekeeping at the gate, but only the uniform is to be worn in school once pupils enter the site. Hoodies will be confiscated if necessary. Please support us with this by sending your child in wearing a blazer, jumper if desired and a coat to keep warm.
- Footwear must be all black, all leather. Again, this helps consistency and smartness
- Piercings are not permitted beyond that which is stated in our uniform policy. Please support us with this.
Next week and beyond there are many key dates:
- Week commencing 22 January – Holocaust Memorial Assemblies and Year 10 Mocks start
- Wednesday 24 January – Year 11 Food Non Exam Assessment (P1 – 4)
- Tuesday 30 January – Year 8 JET programme & Year 10 Science Univeristy Visit
- Thursday 1 February – Year 9 Parents Evening – please sign up online, but remember the event is held on site, face to face
- Week commencing 5 February – House Competition – the Great All Saints Bake Off!
- Thursday 8 February – Year 8 Parents Evening
These are the key headlines, but there is, as ever, much more going on as well
Thank you for the messages that I have been sent regarding the inspection. Please continue to send these in – they encourage staff and pupils greatly.