Dear Parents and Carers
Welcome to my usual round up of the week. With one more week to go, I would like to say well done to everyone for their efforts this half term and to “keep going” for the final week.
Events this week
There have been lots of events this week, in particular sporting events across the year groups:
- Year 7 Hockey Players took part in a day with national level hockey players at Redlands – a great way to get to know club level hockey!
- Year 7 have been windsurfing also – good to be back on the boards after a few weeks with no wind
- Year 9 boys played in the County Cup and although it didnt go our way the boys were a credit to themselves and the school
- Year 10 boys also played their first game this week
Beyond sporting events, Year 11 had an assembly with Budmouth about Post 16 destinations and Lily Wilson was nominated the position of the Lord Lieutenant’s Cadet for Dorset and Wiltshire – a really brilliant achievement and one that rightly recognises Lily’s hard work and determination to make a difference in her community.
Thank you to all Year 11 pupils and parents / carers who came in for our Revision Evening – please do use the information sent out after the event to prepare for your mocks after half term.
Events next week
Coming up next week, we have the following:
- Year 11 Parent Consultation Evening Booking Opens. The evening itself is on Thursday 2 November and will be a face to face evening in the hall. School Cloud will be used to book appointments as per last year
- There will be tutor group Pizza Lunches for the tutor group with the highest attendance in each year group
- Our RE Imperial War Museum Visit will be taking place on Wednesday in London
- Year 11 have their Geography Field Trip on Thursday
- There will be Rewards Assemblies throughout the week
After Half Term
- Remember that Monday 30 October will be an INSET day for Year 7 to 10 pupils. Year 11 pupils will be expected to be in school to support their mock preparation.
- Year 11 have their Parent Consultation Evening on Thursday 2 November
After Half Term, I also intend to relaunch a renewed focus on pupils bringing the basic equipment to school. This means every child having a pencil case with the minimum equipment in it each day:
- 2 black pens
- 2 pencils
- 2 purple pens
- A ruler
- A rubber
- A pair of compasses
- A protractor
- A highlighter
We will be able to supply the above for £2 from the school shop but recognise that many pupils will prefer to bring their own equipment. Thank you in advance for your support of the above – we need parents to ensure that children are equipped every day. If pupils repeatedly do not bring equipment to school, they will be set detentions but I hope that everyone will agree that having a pen is a necessity for learning!
Also after half term, we need to have another push on attendance. This has been dropping a bit over the last few weeks and so it will be important to rest and recover over the half term and go again.
I will finish by wishing you all a restful and peaceful weekend